Unclaimed funds are monies deposited with the court by a case trustee pursuant to 11 U.S.C. §347. Unclaimed funds may arise out of a variety of circumstances but are often due to faulty address information which prevented delivery of the funds to the party entitled to them. The United States Courts, as custodians of such funds, have established policies and procedures for holding, safeguarding, and accounting for the funds.
Any party desiring to retrieve unclaimed funds may petition the court for an order by filing an application and the required supporting documentation as indicated in the instructions below. Sufficient documentation must be provided to the court to establish the claimant’s identity and entitlement to the funds as indicated in the instructions.
• Instructions for filing an Application for Payment of Unclaimed Funds
• Application for Payment of Unclaimed Funds
• Form of Order for Payment of Unclaimed Funds
• Form AO-213P: Request for Payee Information and TIN Certification
• NOTE: Part 6 Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Information is required for payment
• Form AO-215: Request to Determine Foreign Vendor Tax Payments
• W-8 certification form (accessible by searching on the IRS website at: https://www.irs.gov/
Questions regarding unclaimed funds retrieval procedures should be directed to the Clerk’s office via email GANBFinance@ganb.uscourts.gov.
Unclaimed Funds Locator
To search for unclaimed funds for the Northern District of Georgia, click here
To search U.S. Courts Unclaimed Funds Locator, click here