Changes to Bankruptcy Rules and Official Bankruptcy Forms
Effective December 1, 2016
Bankruptcy Rules - The following rules were adopted by the Supreme Court and transmitted to Congress on April 28, 2016. They are on track to become effective December 1, 2016.
• Bankruptcy Rules 1010, 1011, 2002, 3002.1, 7008, 7012, 7016, 9006, 9027, and 9033, and new Rule 1012;
The rules, orders adopting the rules, and letters of transmittal are available on the website of the Supreme Court of the United States. The entire package of materials transmitted to Congress is available at: http://www.uscourts.gov/file/19848/download.
Bankruptcy Forms - Amendments to the following bankruptcy forms are effective December 1, 2016:
• Form 420A Notice of Motion or Objection
• Form 420B Notice of Objection to Claim
• Form 420A/B Committee Note
• Form 410S2 Notice of Postpetition Mortgage Fees, Expenses, and Charges
• Form 410S2 Committee Note
Further information about these forms are available at: http://www.uscourts.gov/rules-policies/pending-rules-amendments/pending-changes-bankruptcy-forms
The PowerPoint below provides additional information about the December 1 changes but is not intended to substitute for a comprehensive review of the forms and rules changes.
M. Regina Thomas
Clerk of Court
United States Bankruptcy Court
Northern District of Georgia